Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I may just have to trailer the KLR and the wee to TDP so I can show off the new look my 04 is going to have. I can't spoil the surprize of the new look yet, but I have never seen a KLR look like mine will look like. I know this is just a tease, but I will unvail it at TDP in Oct.

Now that I have said that I have to get working to have it finished for TDP.

Eleanor was my inspiration for the new look, and the color would have been grey if not for Eleanor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Gene,

Great to see you over here!

Is Eleanor still sporting the stock bash plate as in the photo? I don't do a lot of the rough stuff, so am debating the aluminum plate.

How did you attach the tool tube if not to the aftermarket plate?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Joe, the skidplate is still the stocker. So far, knock wood, I haven't had any issues with it and I've had her in some very rough places. But there's always tomorrow! :roll:

Typical hillbilly engineering. I attached the tube to the lower engine mount with a couple of heavy gauge, L-shaped brackets I fabbed up, along with a couple hose clamps. It's a lot sturdier than it looks - I even use it as a highway bar. I've biffed 'er at least once on each side and it hasn't moved a bit. One thing I didn't expect is that the tube has added some protection for the tank panels and radiator.

I think the next mod I do will be some kind of handguard/lever protection. Anybody have a favorite setup on that?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
And I'd like to know how you came up with that name for your bike.. I've tagged mine as Fred, but I name everything Fred or Bubba..

I think my girlfriend's still a little mad at me for tagging her latest dog as Bubba.. I mean, it fits so well... HE's HUGE!!!!

He came home as BlackJack, but he's Bubba now.. Even says so on his tag... :twisted:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol: Now here's a coincidence for ya'! We have a Pomeranian that I call "Bubba." He's all of, what... 9 pounds? :lol:

As for my bike's name, our .net buddy, Marty, came up with it and it stuck. The paint job reminded him of another "Eleanor," the Mustang in "Gone in 60 Seconds."

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
GreenGene said:
:lol: Now here's a coincidence for ya'! We have a Pomeranian that I call "Bubba." He's all of, what... 9 pounds? :lol:

As for my bike's name, our .net buddy, Marty, came up with it and it stuck. The paint job reminded him of another "Eleanor," the Mustang in "Gone in 60 Seconds."
Cool!! I Eleanor's not a name that someone picks out of the air, so I figured there had to be a bit of history behind it..

Yeah, Bubba is 8 months old and goes about 6-7 pounds. Small, even for a small dog.. But he thinks he's 50 pounds... :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
very nice looking bmw gene :lol:

sorry, just kidding! it really is a nice looking klr - just needs some dirt on it to look complete

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gene,

I just noticed those saddle bags. :shock:

Good lord they look HUGE. They look like they are 2 feet wide. Is this an optical illusion?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol:

Yeah, now that you mention it, they do look, aaahh... oversized, in that pic. :shock: Actually each bag is only 7" wide.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dvklr650 said:
very nice looking bmw gene :lol:

sorry, just kidding! it really is a nice looking klr - just needs some dirt on it to look complete

Thanks! Better?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts