·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was my bike I traded in on my KLR.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to have a 98 YZF600R, I really miss that bike. It's kinda like a KLR in that Yamaha just keeps making them the same year after year. Says alot about a design that it has the longevity.

actually I miss every bike I've ever sold but the YZF was special

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ganshert said:
I used to have a 98 YZF600R, I really miss that bike. It's kinda like a KLR in that Yamaha just keeps making them the same year after year. Says alot about a design that it has the longevity.

actually I miss every bike I've ever sold but the YZF was special
Yeah the YZF was a great bike for me. The bike I really miss out of all mine is my 99 FZR600 that I had. I was hit by a driver not paying attention and totalled it. The main thing was I wanted a FZR from when the first model year came out and then in 2001 I found a absolutely mint condition Black with the white FZR for sale at a local dealer. At that time I could afford the insurance so I bought it. It has setimental value to me because it was the bike I have always wanted out of all the bike I have had.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: pipe

cobalt60 said:
I was thinking of ordering the Jardine slip on but have not seen anyone with one, how do you like yours?
I really like my exhaust. Packaging from Jardine was excellent. Opened the box and the exhaust looked excellent and the quality of it look high as well. Installation was pretty easy and took about 15 minutes. It has a nice deep tone when you get on the throttle and then when just cruising you can keep it fairly quiet until you open it up and then you can tell its a 4 troke thumper. Well worth the money IMO. Ran a tick better than stock but when combines with my Stage II jetting the big KLR really woke up the sleeping dragon. It was like getting a whole new bike. Well worth the 300 bucks I have invested in the pipe and jet kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1600 plus miles on my Jardine and still performs perfectly. Looks and sounds just like the day I bought it. Nothing coming loose on this pipe. Funny thing is I would of never bought a Jardine pipe for my sportbikes but I must admit it really looks like Jardine took a big step in being more of a mid ot hing end pipe company instead of being happy at the low end of the market. Nost sure how the sportbike pipes are nowdays but I only seen on a Honda 600RR undertail exhaust and it looked top notch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts