Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i never intoduced myself. Im fairly new to klr's but i have rode a 74' Trials Yamaha 250 all my life.. (well since i was 2 and my dad would ride me around) But they are more of a rock climbing , logg and stump jumpiung kinda bike. And i need more of a long trip bike soooooo WAALLaa.. I bought a 97' KLR 650. My buddy had a 2008 KLR that i was very impressed with, so it made the choice easy. Anyway ... i cant wait for my first big trip . I have taken a few small rides. Here are some pics.

I can't wait for more !! Hope to see you all out there :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome aboard and nice scenic pics. It tends to move a little slow in this board so dont get frustrated, there is a wealth of knowledge lingering around in here!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Thanks for the pics, and Welcome!

I haven't been out west on my bike, but I have several times in my wrangler. Idaho/Oregon is very nice. I really enjoyed my journeys through that area.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome. Nice pics. And already has a Klr riding partner to show you the ropes. Cool. Doo done yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my doo

Yeah i was kinda wondering if my doo has been done also. With all the mod's already on it i would think so, but im not sure. Is there any easy way to find out or should i just order an upgrade now.. lol :18:

·
Registered
517 Posts
You gotta pull the left side cover to see unless you know the original owners name. If you know his name and address, Go to Zabasearch.com to see if his number is there and call him and ask. Hopefully his name is not John Smith as there are thousands of those. A lot of people have been getting away with not needing a new gasket but my 94 bike gasket tore. I ordered the whole kit from klr650.com. I had a small problem and called Eagle Mike and he called me back and talked me through it. Mike is the KLR GURU-super guy. I just did mine a couple days ago and it was ok but bent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts