Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Dang... pretty darn thorough! I was going to do something similar. I'm curious however, you did nothing to the handle bars. Such as Pro Tapers, Bar Raisers, Replacment Turn Signal Switch.

Is there an 18" wheel in your future? How about upgraded breaks/lines?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice site Doug. I like the "Days of the Year" part. You've got me beat on coldest day though - by about 5 degrees. We decided to ride 25 miles in 21 degree weather last January. It led to the creation of the "Boise Idaho Frozen Butt Riders" group! :roll:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Doug you forgot one thing on your todo list. The kitchen sink. :lol: Looks like you did a great job. I think that KLR will do everthing you need it to and then some.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Biker Scout said:
Dang... pretty darn thorough! I was going to do something similar. I'm curious however, you did nothing to the handle bars. Such as Pro Tapers, Bar Raisers, Replacment Turn Signal Switch.

Is there an 18" wheel in your future? How about upgraded breaks/lines?
I am happy with the stock bars and turn signal switch.

No 18" front wheel for me either.

I've installed a Galfers S/S front brake line and replaced all the screws with Big Cees engine kit and Desmonds frame kit, but haven't put them on the site yet.

I had a flood in our crawl space and had to get rid of the carpeting in the basement, which led to replacing all the carpeting in the house. We're installing hardwood flooring so I am pretty busy doing that and repainting the whole interior of the house while I have the floors bare so I haven't been able to update the site or ride much lately...What a bummer...Doug

·
Registered
31 Posts
Y Mod?

Chief, On the water shot on you site, you commented on being glad you had done the Y MOD, can you explain this, im not familiar.

Look me up if you make down to Central Florida. Im along the I-4 corridor in the heart of Central Florida. I can be in Orlando or Tampa St. Pete in about an hour or so.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Your site wont open for me, is it still there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts