Administrator
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old Guys Rule and Life is Good.

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
That's some good eatin' there, Schmitz. Nice work.

I haven't had any trout in a long time. A local university has a pond they stock with trout when it gets cold and they allow you to catch-and-keep since they'll all die when it gets hot, anyway. I think it's a thing between the university and the conservation department. I need to pick up an ultralight rig and head down there this Winter/Early Spring.

We have trout fishing in Southern Missouri where the streams are clear and cold, but none up here where I live.

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The fishing was really bad all around.

At Twin Lakes we sat for 8 hours and didn't catch a thing.

At Huntinton we were catching them so fast we couldn't fish for more than a half hour before we'd caught all we could eat. The funny thing was that we were the only ones catching anything, but it wasn't much fun as it was over so fast. Nothing left to do but go back to camp and drink beer.

I'm convinced it was the cap that fed me. Should have worn it at Twin Lakes, but the sun was so intense I had to cover my ears with a floppy hat

Tom

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
The fishing was really bad all around.

At Twin Lakes we sat for 8 hours and didn't catch a thing.

At Huntinton we were catching them so fast we couldn't fish for more than a half hour before we'd caught all we could eat. The funny thing was that we were the only ones catching anything, but it wasn't much fun as it was over so fast. Nothing left to do but go back to camp and drink beer.

I'm convinced it was the cap that fed me. Should have worn it at Twin Lakes, but the sun was so intense I had to cover my ears with a floppy hat

Tom
Nice looking stringer of camp food that you have there Tom. ;)
I haven't drowned a worm in about 6-7 years. I'm sure my KX500 carb is as Green on the inside, as the plastic is on the outside.

Maybe, I should have given you a 'T'-shirt also? Fish might have been Twice that Size! And you would have had to 'invite' your camp-ground neighbors to dinner. lol.
Thanks for the 'air-time'.
Paul

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, I've got the t-shirt, Paul.

Just didn't bring it along. Will next time.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts