Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I'm french so I'm sorry of my english isn't excellent (correct me if necessary) ;)

But I have got an old 650 KLR 1987 ! I have change the handlebar. The color isn't pretty, I want to change the color of tank, and the others pieces which are black because the previous owner has colored anyhow.
So I want to color this KLR with green :16a:

I have done a small video : http://www.lespotes.org/flash/video-flash-1-re-sortie-en-650-klr-18.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for welcoming me !

The front headlight was this one when i bought it.

I would like to change it for one which would be in green color like this :

I want to do the same on the rear because I find it too big and I would like in green color too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like that too. Any reason you couldn't paint it with the right type paint?
I can't but the previous renter do it with some good quality but I haven't got the same devices to do that.

Actually the one that is on your bike is the one I am talking about....
I don't know, nothing is marked on it :'(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wow, very very nice !!

I rode this week-end but I need to change tires + wheels because I drove in forest and my current tires are not designed for it at all ;)

I need to have 2 couple of tires + wheels : 1 for road only and an other one for off-road !

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I have heard of a few people doing that, keeping a spare set of wheels and tires for road and then a set for off road fun. I am not able to do a lot of serious off roading, so we mainly stick to back roads, gravel and dirt. I just got thru putting a new Perilli Scorpion S/T on the back today. Looking forward to seeing how well it wears.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Cool! It almost looks like the KLR has a chopper front end. The boots are off of mine, also. Putting some Moose fork/seal savers on it this week.....

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If ya don't mind Chuck, post a pic with them on. I hate the gators and am looking for something different. I had considered Seal Saverz, but not sure how well they would work with crud in behind them and the forks moving up and down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have heard of a few people doing that, keeping a spare set of wheels and tires for road and then a set for off road fun. I am not able to do a lot of serious off roading, so we mainly stick to back roads, gravel and dirt. I just got thru putting a new Perilli Scorpion S/T on the back today. Looking forward to seeing how well it wears.
I use my KLR for only road but I would like to ride for off road now.

But, on ebay, I can found some wheels but the price is too high : 65 € for only 1 without tires ! :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha yes, you're right : it's a headlight fairing of a 600 KLR !

I would like the same but in green and I don't know how to paint it in green (color Kawasaki) because it's made of plastic.
The previous owner paint some pieces in green but he is a professionnal painter :D

I bought the handguards and it was the same green color :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
I know this is a silly question, but is there any chance of getting the previous owner to paint them for you at a reasonable price??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unfortunately not, because I have done 250 kms (155 miles) to buy this KLR so it's too far away from me.

I need to go to Kawasaki's franchise holder if they can do something for me ;)

First of all, I need to color (with stickers for exemple) the fuel tank because it's very massive in black color.
For the saddle, I need to change the color because it was blue and now it's red (colored by the previous owner) and I don't know why he doesn't use the same color because, my KLR is with black, red, green :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts