Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217448143469813023958.0004debc4bcf13b66991d&msa=0&ll=48.994636,-92.944336&spn=9.733718,26.784668&iwloc=0004debc67dd6a1bdfec5

around july 4rth i will be leaving deming here to head north for about a month and visit family and friends, this is the route i just plotted out. little bit of fun in colorado then hwy the rest of the way. most of my off roading and such will be done in familiar territory in iowa wisconsin michigan and depending on how things go i might go to minnesota too. anywho, anyone in the area's care to tag along for a bit? got a place a biker bum can crash for the night? updates on things when more deelopes.

:donotfeedtroll:

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
Nice trip. All on the KLR? There and back? Sweet...

Subscribed..

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright guys the date is set, i am leaving this saturday morning will attempt to update when i can. also got the gopro ready for some of the stuff i am sure to get into. bike is ready just hope my back is too.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first day i will be trying to make durango colorado, second day i have a choice to make, either hit hwy 80 off of 76 outside of denver or take 25 north for a bit to hwy 20, i might do 20, not so interstatey little bit better scenery. plus i got a buddy who lives just off of 20 in iowa.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Looks like a great ride Scrapper! Might I suggest riding part or all of the Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail (TWAT) either on the way up or on the way back from the Keweenaw Peninsula. It starts near the WI /IA border and will get you to northern WI. Great way to stay on gravel and see the best parts of Wisconsin. Full GPS route can be downloaded at http://www.lonewolfexpeditions.com/twat.html

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
excellent info sardog, i will be looking into that more once i get up there, possibly take it on my way down as i plan on going through dubuque anyway, and as i grew up in wisconsin i cannot help but chuckle at the name of the trail. i must do it so i can get the sticker.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well guys quick update i am in cushing iowa heading to the quad cities tomorrow, first day was 450 miles stayed in durango second day was 570 miles stayed in sterling colorado third day was 580 miles to here in cushing. i got some good video so far and a few pics i will try to get some of it up for you when i can.

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
re update i am back home in the desert, made it all the way to the big lake in da u.p. eh and back down. over 4,500 miles this trip i will attempt some sort of trip journal report thingy when i stop vibrating. might take a while :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts