Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not what you think, crazy people!!!

Today we left the house to go to Parson's Mtn OHV trail in South Carolina. Careful calculation of laying my thumb on a map and holding up to a background light allowed me to get an estimate of 35-40 miles from my house (plus I may or may not have driven by it on a previous road trip).

That being said, we decided to stop in McCormick for gas and make our way there. At around 45 miles, I assumed I had guessed wrong and even started to guess if I had pointed my route to the correct highway. The point being, at 45 miles it "just didn't feel right" so I told me wife we should turn around.

Checking "The Google" put my guess off by 10 miles and the park 48 miles from my house. If only I had gone 3 more miles.

The moral of the story is if you're gonna make your wife ride 40+ miles there and back again on her KLX 250s, you may want to check your numbers. 90 total miles is a bit of a ride to have missed the destination by around 3 miles.

I did point out that it was a very nice day for a ride... ;)

:t1202:

If any of you have been to Parsons, let me know what you think. Pictures help. If not, I'll post some pics since we'll attempt to go again next weekend, weather permitting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey

No, not what you think, crazy people!!!

Today we left the house to go to Parson's Mtn OHV trail in South Carolina. Careful calculation of laying my thumb on a map and holding up to a background light allowed me to get an estimate of 35-40 miles from my house (plus I may or may not have driven by it on a previous road trip).

That being said, we decided to stop in McCormick for gas and make our way there. At around 45 miles, I assumed I had guessed wrong and even started to guess if I had pointed my route to the correct highway. The point being, at 45 miles it "just didn't feel right" so I told me wife we should turn around.

Checking "The Google" put my guess off by 10 miles and the park 48 miles from my house. If only I had gone 3 more miles.

The moral of the story is if you're gonna make your wife ride 40+ miles there and back again on her KLX 250s, you may want to check your numbers. 90 total miles is a bit of a ride to have missed the destination by around 3 miles.

I did point out that it was a very nice day for a ride... ;)

:t1202:

If any of you have been to Parsons, let me know what you think. Pictures help. If not, I'll post some pics since we'll attempt to go again next weekend, weather permitting.

hey,, ruffly,,about how far is that from,, the n.c./s.c. state line..??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a good ways in, amigo. It's south of Abbeville on HWY 28. If you've got a day to kill might be worth the trip, but I can't say for sure yet since I failed at making it today.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ah not far,,

go to clemson for lunch ,when cooler up here in the mtns ..
guessing by looking at map,for abbeville, not that much further...

so the trails they have,, made for 4x4,, double track??
any one way ??
so have you ever been there before (as said didn't make it today)??

sounds like one close to me,,roy a taylor=wayehutta,,its pretty fun but ,, only seen one other klr in there,that left about as fast.. (its ruff) an he asked me,,"you ride here normally" !!!

kind of made me laugh,,cause i grew up rideing ,cr dirt bikes here,,and still bring ol klr down to show the other,pure dirt boys what a full size dual-sport can do..!!!

oh is great place to spend all day.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts