Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pick this up on Wed. 2002 XT 225. 2100 miles. Seems like it will be a great companion to the KLR...

I hope she lets me ride it!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Excellent! Nice bike Hayduke,bet Tami is excited.Probably be May before you guys see the ground again :sad:
But didn't I see you guys blizzard ridin? :lol:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Nice looking bike indeed, are you going to lower it for her, or is it not as tall as it looks?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KLRGunn said:
Nice looking bike indeed, are you going to lower it for her, or is it not as tall as it looks?
It's pretty tall, but lot's of folks lower it by sliding up the forks, backing the preload off, and cutting down the seat. She's only 5 ft. tall, so we'll be doing all of this. A friend has a lowered one, but the seat isn't cut down. With that done, Tami should be able to put the balls of both feet down with weight on the seat.

KLR Mike- I'd bet Tami will be riding it as soon as we get home. That's what they make sheet metal screws for!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SLO-KLR said:
Nice looking bike! ;) I think she'll like it. Much to my suprise my wife has express some interest in havng here own bike. I may be shopping for a small bike for her this year.
I was really suprised that Tami wanted to ride her own. She used to be kind of anti-bike, but after I got my old v45 Sabre she started riding pillion. Last year she logged over 7000 miles riding pillion from the rockies to the Ozarks to Mexico. Since she got her little Yamaha 100, all she wants to do is ride!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Oh, you can tell she likes to ride by the expression on her face :mrgreen:

·
Registered
65 Posts
My wife has an '06 XT225 as well. She loves it and I ride it alot too. Great trail bike!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts