Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tearing down the new KLR and came across this hose which is attached to the battery bracket and routes down through the fender near the rear shock. The top appears to be cut or some clear hose was added. Can't find anything like it in the parts diagrams. Any ideas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
That's the vent line for the battery. It's disconnected because your battery doesn't have a vent.

I just this weekend replaced a flooded battery with an AGM one and created just that situation in your picture. I didn't want to remove the tubing because it protects me from those clamps that otherwise stick out towards my leg.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, this makes sense. So I guess I will leave it there as well.

·
Premium Member
7,037 Posts
...or you can snip off the clamps; I don't intend to ever run a vented battery again.

Dave
If one clips off the clamps, one might Re-Purpose the hose or at least the major portion of it.

By attaching the upper end of it to the "Dirty side" Air Box drain nipple above the inner fender. The rearward nipple for the dirty side is almost directly above the hole in the inner fender anyways.
That would keep air filter oil from drooling on the inner fender & swingarm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If one clips off the clamps, one might Re-Purpose the hose or at least the major portion of it.

By attaching the upper end of it to the "Dirty side" Air Box drain nipple above the inner fender. The rearward nipple for the dirty side is almost directly above the hole in the inner fender anyways.
That would keep air filter oil from drooling on the inner fender & swingarm.
Yes, I was trying to think of the best repurpose of this hose. I will look at your suggestion tonight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts