Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm a recent refugee from the other KLR site ( hi to everyone from there! ) and lookng for some familiar faces :D

Anyway, hi to everyone and I'm loking forward to getting to know you all.

BTW- I'm a Firefighter/EMT here in Oregon for a small department ( we run about 3600 calls a year ) and haved a couple of kids, great wife, mortgage, and all the rest...

2000 KLR ( mean, mean, dark green )
almost all the farkles, but still room for more.

-- where the heck are all my rep points? --

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome Brother,

2000 KLR also and local 230 here. have fun!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey, glad to see ya here !

Now about a small department and 3600 calls a year ! thats not small, our department is smaller I bet, as well as our call volume, we do maybe 150 on a bad year !, of course we are a small rural department where the majority of our calls are mutual aid to other departments, I would say we spend more time out on the highway on MVA'a than anything else, though I tend not to get out of the truck unless I have to on the highway, I was at a scene last year and had just sat in my my truck to call dispatch when this idiot drove off the road and into the back of my truck. {I was chief then and had my POV with my red lightbar going} A trip to the hospital later .... the trooper comes to the ER to check on me and fills me in on the idiot that tagged me, he said while talking to her, yes a "her" she told him her brakes weren't working right ! he showed me the laundry list of tickets he wrote her, failure to yield for an emergency veh, failure to maintain lane, failure to obey traffic signal , speed unsafe for conditions, out of date veh inspection and faulty equipment. As it was , they took her van away on a roll back because my class 3 hitch punched a hole in the radiator and block of the mini van, yep, she hit me that hard ! One of my guys drove my truck home for me. I was very lucky considering I didn't have my seatbelt on, all I got was my bell rung good. So....... never turn yur back on a cage, ever.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum....

No rep point here to distract us.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts