Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to NC so I had to go get my NC license. They make you take and eye test and tell them what signs mean. There's three that are blank. One round yellow one, one yelow shaped like a house and one yellow like a triangle.
She asked me what the signs mean and I said they are blank. She said I should know what they mean by the color and shape. Would you know? Here's an example:

One the way home I looked for these wordless signs and found none. When she asked me what the sign meant, I should have told her that it meant you got ripped off on the sign.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
Isn't that a school zone and a railroad crossing? The triangle is a yield sign.
Don't TELL him, Klrian!

Now he can CHEAT on his driver's license test! :)

I answered a similar question, "wrong," on a VA driver's test once: A, "No Passing" symbol sign was shown, with multiple-choice answers for the meaning of the sign. The choices offered seemed ambiguous and in some cases, redundant. My fine-tuned testmanship, unfortunately, did not produce the desired response.

The DOT guy gave me credit, anyway, saying: "EVERYBODY misses that question!"

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't that a school zone and a railroad crossing? The triangle is a yield sign.
The round one is a railroad crossing. The house shaped one is a crosswalk. I got both but it was a guess.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
The house shaped one is a school. You didn't post a pic of the triangle sign. If it's a triangle laying on it's side, it's means "No Passing". Not many down here, more common in the mountains.

Mike

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The house shaped one is a school. You didn't post a pic of the triangle sign. If it's a triangle laying on it's side, it's means "No Passing". Not many down here, more common in the mountains.

Mike
The house one was a crosswalk and you got the no passing zone right.

·
Registered
194 Posts
"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?"
-5 Man Electrical Band

1 - 8 of 8 Posts