Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have the lowering links install when you pick up bike (keep original ones) that will lower it about an inch. rode with a vertically challenged motorcyclist and he enjoyed it with the lowering links and a dual platform seat though i forgotten the brand name of the seat..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I will try the low seat first and if I need to link down one more inch I will. I really don't see any other decent dual sport with a lower seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Sargent Low seat and I'm happy with it. When I come to a stop, I just lean it over to one side slightly and my foot is flat on the ground. On longer rides, I sit back on the wider area and it is pretty darn comfortable.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am not comfortable having to lean the bike when I stop.
In my case (29 inch in seam) the bike only needs to lean over about an inch past center for me to get a foot down firmly. Just before it stops completely I turn the bars slightly to the right to make it lean left as it stops so I can keep my foot on the brake. Turn the bars left to lean the bike right so you can deal with the shift lever after stopping. (In case you're not in neutral or first before you stop.)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts