Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas. This is in the wrong section, but I want as many people as possible to see it. Last night I woke up at 4 to a VICIOUS storm. Went back to bed. Wake up to find out that a 3 ft wave of water went through our apartment complex. I saw video, up to the fenders on my bike. WE'RE ALL COOL. Bike is fine. We live on the 2nd floor. A LOT of my neighbors got totally screwed. Some first floor partments done for. Christmas trees and presents and furniture, etc ruined. Folks aren't rich where I live and a lot of people are facing a very bleak Christmas right now.

Hopefully the red cross will help, but folks lost thousands of dollars worth of stuff. If you would like to help, any money that is sent to my paypal ([email protected]) will go to my apt manager (good people) to distribute to those most in need. Any local folks: these people need furniture or anything you could spare.

Like I said, we were lucky, but there are folks who weren't and as much as I'd like to help everybody out, we just can't. I wouldn't ask if it weren't important. Thanks guys.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP.

Watching my neighbors throw away all their stuff (sewage contamination). Heartbreaking. So far one of my fans has contributed $50. A few smaller contributions. I'd really like to be able to give a hundred bucks to the families that got hit hardest.

Also, these people all have kids, so if you want to send a Christmas card or anything else, let me know.

Everyone's spirits are remarkably good. People astound me.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big thanks to you know who y'all are. Usually I see a tackle shop outside my window. Right now, we see this.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another one of our brothers stepped up. Thank you.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$215 dollars now! :35a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Up to $260 now. Including allowance money from one of my riding brothers' boys. That just about made me cry. :desismiley1:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Up to $300. Blowers been going all week and cleanup crews everywhere. A lot of people have been working really hard. Long week. I'm going for a ride.

Thanks to everyone who reached out.

I dedicated my blog to it this week, so if you want to read about it: www.jdmader.com

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUMP.

I'll probably be handing what I have now over pretty soon. If you still want to donate, believe me, it will go to a good cause and I'll keep passing it on. Some of my neighbors have missed a week of work. Dude I know lost his apt and his wife went into a coma. They're still cleaning up.

BIG thanks to those of you who contributed, whether cash, prayers, or whatever it is you do. Positive thinking helps. Getting PMs that made me smile helped.

Happy holidays, fellas.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update...

We were able to raise $500, thanks in part to some of the fine members here. Every family got $45 (which is a LOT right now). One guy who needed the money insisted his share go to a family. Pretty amazing.

Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, and support.

D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts