Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my local Kawasaki dealer install the stage two Jet Kit along with the Lexx MXe muffler. They had a lot of trouble getting it tuned right as the recommended set up per the instructions resulted in flattening out at 6500 rpm. They tried 4 or 5 settings before going back to the stock main jet and dynojet needle, etc.
My question is have you ever heard of this before? It is still not running right. It bucks a little when I let off the throttle ever slightly at higher rpms above 5000 I took it to higher elevation 7000 to 9000 ft and it ran horribly. When I shifted from one gear to next at high rpms it would lose all power before coming back after I had already shifted and opened the throttle. It also pops in the exhaust almost every time I let off the throttle at all. I paid for extra labor time already and I am not satisfied. What would you recommend I do?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I had my local Kawasaki dealer install the stage two Jet Kit along with the Lexx MXe muffler. They had a lot of trouble getting it tuned right as the recommended set up per the instructions resulted in flattening out at 6500 rpm. They tried 4 or 5 settings before going back to the stock main jet and dynojet needle, etc.
My question is have you ever heard of this before? It is still not running right. It bucks a little when I let off the throttle ever slightly at higher rpms above 5000 I took it to higher elevation 7000 to 9000 ft and it ran horribly. When I shifted from one gear to next at high rpms it would lose all power before coming back after I had already shifted and opened the throttle. It also pops in the exhaust almost every time I let off the throttle at all. I paid for extra labor time already and I am not satisfied. What would you recommend I do?

What alltitude are you at? Big chages in alltitude will cause the bike to run bad, varying air pressure and all that.

Popping on decel is a lean condition. Did the dealer take the air screw cover off and adjust the screw? Could be that the air screw needs adjusted, the pilot is too small or the exhaust is loose and sucking air back in (check the header bolts and muffler connection)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts