Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all and thanks in advance. I am new to the site and have already found a wealth of info. Unfortunately I cannot find out where to get replacement rings for my 88 KLR 650. I have been told by many dealers and online parts companies that my rings are not available and are no longer made! If anyone knows where to find oem rings or after market rings please let me know. Thanks again for the help and have a great ride today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
search for rings

Hey im new to the site as well, but it has proved a good tool. To your ring question. The rings for all model 650 are the same.Kawasaki have given them a new part #. I work in a dealership and im buliding a 650 for a friend,and found out my rings were on backorder.I called kawasaki to ge a release date and was told they are on backorder until end of Feb.They told me that it is the same part for the 08 and the main portion of the order were going for new unit production.Were going the 685 route. hoped the info helped.
Cycleguy0575

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it is worth I called Kawasaki and they said that for the 88 model you have to replace the piston and rings with 13008-1213 (rings) and 13001-1637 (piston). Seems odd to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts