Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
My trouble is the following: i need to change the main harness on my 1988 A2 KLR 650. According diagrams the apropriate harness for 1987 1988 1989 models has the code 26001 1821. From 1990 and later, it change to 26030 1008. Maybe someone knows which is the differences between those two harnesses and if i may use the 26030 1008 (is more easy to find it) on my 1988 KLR model?
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
If I recall correctly, in 1990 they added a fuse into the cooling fan circuit, which will simply attach via a zip-tie to the coolant reservoir bracket on the RH side.

They also added a Yellow/Black wire to the ignition CDI portion of the harness which your CDI unit will not have a connection for.

Other than that it should be a straight forward interchange.

There are wiring diagrams in other sections of this forum which should show the simple differences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I recall correctly, in 1990 they added a fuse into the cooling fan circuit, which will simply attach via a zip-tie to the coolant reservoir bracket on the RH side.

They also added a Yellow/Black wire to the ignition CDI portion of the harness which your CDI unit will not have a connection for.

Other than that it should be a straight forward interchange.

There are wiring diagrams in other sections of this forum which should show the simple differences.
Thank you so much my friend for your help!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts