Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
There should be a decal under the side panel that shows the hose routing diagram for fuel vapor capture and emissions stuff.

Would look like this, but clearer ...

·
Premium Member
KLRs: 2013, 2005, 1998; 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
2,717 Posts
It's not important to remove it. But by doing so, you lose a few pounds of weight and the opportunity for things to go wrong. "The part not added, costs nothing, weighs nothing, and won't break."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bwilson I think you need to plug the Red line at the tank and attach a hose to the Blue tank tube as your tank vent. If you have removed item #1 which they are calling a pump you also need to plug/cap the T fitting coming off the Carb. Also the Green line coming off of #2 needs to be plugged/capped at the Air Box. The Green line is on the un-filtered side of the filter.

·
Premium Member
11,951 Posts
The Green line is on the cleaned or FILTERED side of the filter.
You need a correction, The Green line is on the clean or filtered side of the air filter. Don't want any dust getting in from that nipple wearing on the valves, valve seats, rings piston or cylinder wall!

Reactions: Big Bill

·
Registered
290 Posts
In my case I bought the bike used without pump and bought the CA tank from someone else. I didn't know what to do with the tubes but when the bike tips over the gas comes out from the right one so I connect a hose on it leading to the underside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts