Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone.

I just purchases a pristine, bone stock, low mileage '09 KLR 650. I intend on truly using it for it's intended dual purpose role. A couple of things I need to do are adding nerf bars and hand guards. Since the hand guards are pretty much the same thing no matter who makes them my question is who makes the best nerf bars for my bike?? My criteria being ruggedness, protection, and light weight. Any advice for a first time KLR owner??

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Myself, I'm very pleased with the SW Motech bars that are on Chaos. They kept her main plastics from getting damaged last fall when she decided to take a dirt nap...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Myself, I'm very pleased with the SW Motech bars that are on Chaos. They kept her main plastics from getting damaged last fall when she decided to take a dirt nap...

Could you post me a link to them, Sir?:13:

Oops. Now I get it. After reading some of your other posts I figured out you named your BIKE Chaos. LOL. I thought Chaos was an accessory store! I'm typing away on the Net looking for Chaos Motorcycle and all that kept coming up was some damned chopper store on the East Coast. I never figured out why some people would pay good money to make a bike slower and worse handling! LOL. No choppers for me, plus I like the dirt. Did you order your nerf bars direct from SW Motech or did you go through a distributor?

·
Registered
285 Posts
There have been several discussions here on the forum about bars. It appears there are three brands that seem to be the most popular: SW Motech, Givi and Happy Trails. If you do a forum search for any of those you will find several discussions. Like this one: http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=14569&highlight=givi

Myself, I put SW Motechs on my '09. No complaints at all. I got them from Whitehorse Gear http://www.whitehorsegear.com/sw-motech-crash-bars-for-klr650-all-years (I got mine at a discounted price during last year's open house).

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the SW Motech's also and like them but it really comes down to personal preference for looks, protection, and cost.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Could you post me a link to them, Sir?:13:

Oops. Now I get it. After reading some of your other posts I figured out you named your BIKE Chaos. LOL. I thought Chaos was an accessory store! I'm typing away on the Net looking for Chaos Motorcycle and all that kept coming up was some damned chopper store on the East Coast. I never figured out why some people would pay good money to make a bike slower and worse handling! LOL. No choppers for me, plus I like the dirt. Did you order your nerf bars direct from SW Motech or did you go through a distributor?
I got mine from Rocky Mountain ATVMC - purchased 'em online, and had 'em at the house within about four days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts