Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself an '03 KLR, and I'm not a mechanic... so you'll see me around here ofter as I will try wrenching so I can do some riding.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chatdgouttiere. Hope you enjoy your KLR. The basic items on the KLR are fairly easy to do. It would be a good idea to get a good service manual. I got the Kawasaki shop manuals. They seam to have alittle more detail. Any good shop manual will get the job done. If you have any questains I'm sure someone on this forum will have the anser.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Nice to see that there is life on these KLR forums!

I'm from the Ottawa, Ontario region (Gatineau).

Yes, I got a Clymer shop manual with the KLR, and they seem to be pretty well done.

But on top of learning how to hold a wrench, I intend to ride too. So I'll be taking an off-road course in the spring, and then head out on the back roads.

My first long ride should be Gatineau-Chibougameau-Matagami, for the fun of riding the "Route du Nord": over 400 km of gravel roads.

The second ride, by mid-august or so, should be the Labrador road: that's 1200 km or so of gravel road in the middle of nowhere! Should be fun.

I'm considering replacing the original seat with something more adapted to long distance. Any suggestions anyone?

Chat

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts