Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like to know who has rode a 2014 up KLR and what you think about the new seat. I have the chance to buy a take off from a 2015 or should I save my money for something else I have a 2010 KLR will I see much improvement?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2012 KLR and had standard seat. Tried air hawk which moved too much. Even with very little air in it and also didn't like it on top. Same with the walmart atv seat cover. Just wanted a clean normal looking seat. Without things on top or soaking up rain or fading. So I took off the skin on my stock seat and drilled 4 one inch holes from one side of the seat and out the other side. Put skin back on. Theory was that it would be softer. It was. Improvement. Just not enuf. So I paid $370 aust for a new 2015 stock seat. Sat on one on showroom floor first. So I got one. Love it. Don't use anything on it even on longer trips. It does have a much better foam in them and a better shape.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KLRHINO glad to know that it is more comfortable what changes did Kawasaki make in the seat other than foam I have not been to a dealer in awhile to see for my self may have to go look but that could be costly if you know what I mean I do like the looks of the camo !

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have the new seat on my 15'. I don't know if its that much different as far as comfort though. I believe they have a dimpled surface and the front is narrower, which helps with footing. I've never sat on the earlier one. I like the seat, but I gotta guess, if you weren't comfortable on the earlier model your probably better off buying a sargent. I don't remember reading any large comfort differences between the two seats.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put one on my 09 and love it. I rode over 750 miles in one day coming home from the COBDR and several 500+ days. It works for me but seats are so subjective.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I should also say I put about 2,000 mi on the original 09 seat and my butt would start to get sore around 200 to 300 miles. I have put over 7,000 miles on the 14.5 edition seat and now my miles are not limited to the seat. I stop now when I start getting stupid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts