Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya!

Overlooked posting a "Newbie" thread.

Name is Andrew and I have been riding a KLR for about a year now. I bought my 2014.5 (new edition) at the end of 2014 and haven't regretted it at all! Talked the dealer in to $5500 (Or was it 5400...) out the door and LOVE this thing!

Been riding since 2008 or so and started on cruisers, went to sport bikes, tried going cruisers again but can't do it, and now trying out the dualsports. I still have my sportbike and love riding it.

Only ever done one track day and that was at Ron Haslam's Race School at Donington, UK. One of the best days ever!

Always been interested in the dual sports and this KLR is definitely what I have wanted. I can still rip through the twisties on it and when a trail on the side of the road looks appealing, I hop right off the road and onto the dirt! I can't wait for some long camping trips on this thing.

Any questions, then hit me up! You all have been a wealth of knowledge so far!

:mexican wave:

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Heya!

Overlooked posting a "Newbie" thread.

I still have my sportbike and love riding it.

Only ever done one track day and that was at Ron Haslam's Race School at Donington, UK. One of the best days ever.

Any questions, then hit me up! You all have been a wealth of knowledge so far!

:mexican wave:
Welcome, ReadyToBugout!

I never got around to posting in the newby thread. Lurked from 2009 til 2012, or was it 2013? I forget.

I felt privileged to 'Spectate' the 1999 British SuperBike round at Brands Hatch, in the spring of '99, during my 'honeymoon'!

Now I will now forever envy your 'track time' at Donington Park.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Welcome :smile2:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Donington was definitely an amazing time and I would recommend it to anyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts