Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:laugh3:
Fresh from the delivery room last week, and boy am I excited to finally have a KLR! I've been a Kawi-man most of my riding life, with a few interesting side trips, but was always seduced by flash and speed instead of practicality. Wisdom does come with age though. After buying my first ADV bike three years ago (Buell Ulysses) I have now found my new obsession. I still have the Uly because I love it too, but now I can really explore the back woods and trails in northern Minnesota and Wisconsin. I'm glad to be a part of the family, and look forward to learning and sharing here!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Congrats!!!!
I am new owner also of my 1st KLR and lovin it!!

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Hello and welcome to the KLR collective! :)

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated... No wait, you already have!
Lots of great folks and info here, a very relaxed atmosphere.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats! I got my first last KLR last Monday a 15 with 506 miles. The more I ride it the better I love it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm so glad to read about all the others discovering this wonderful machine with me. I think we're all going to have a very good year!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy Crap Vinnie! Thanks for the heads up on this. I am going to make every effort to be there with a friend or three. It's practically in my backyard.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
That feeling doesn't go away with KLR's in my experience.

I have that giddy new bike feeling every time I swing a leg over the seat.
That was 6 years and 19,000 miles ago. This is my last bike.
Rode literally every type over the years and keep coming back to the dual
sport thumpers. I had KLR pics on my walls when they first came out and
should have gotten it then. The XL won by having a local Honda dealer.
Then came the Nighthawk, CB 750, coupla HD's, DR 650, Goldwing, and now
I finally have the motorcycle I love.

Have fun, learn, teach, ride, repeat.
CheapMark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snow is finally gone and riding season seems to have officially begun here. Lots of bikes on the road most days including a shiny new green KLR. :) Did my first oil change yesterday and now I want to ride even more! Unfortunately the S-word has crept back into the weather forecast for next week. Grrrrrrrr...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts