Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3870/669/

Just installed a set of these on my 09 and form and fit is very satisfactory. Though the picture on the website make it appear that the plastic portion wraps around the hand more then it actually does, probably just an optical thing. And I've always been a fan of the aluminum backbone, even back when BB's first hit the market. I wish I would have taken a photo of them installed before I put the bike away today but trust me it really makes the front view of the bike 'pop' out at you. And just as Rallybob mentioned the only mod I had to do was dismantle the choke cable inorder to pull it through the little metal loop thats welded to the bars, before attaching the left hand Buster.

·
Registered
357 Posts
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/3870/669/

Just installed a set of these on my 09 and form and fit is very satisfactory. Though the picture on the website make it appear that the plastic portion wraps around the hand more then it actually does, probably just an optical thing. And I've always been a fan of the aluminum backbone, even back when BB's first hit the market. I wish I would have taken a photo of them installed before I put the bike away today but trust me it really makes the front view of the bike 'pop' out at you. And just as Rallybob mentioned the only mod I had to do was dismantle the choke cable inorder to pull it through the little metal loop thats welded to the bars, before attaching the left hand Buster.
An update of the "final" price you paid would do the thread some justice. I only mention this because I can almost guarantee that there was a cheaper (yet just as effective) option:) If there was ever a person that could find a cheaper/better way....that person would be me:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
$86.50 aint bad but there's better protection for not much more $. How's your lever clearance? I'll bet everything just "barely" fits? I had Acerbis clones on my '06 KLR650. The bike fell over in the driveway. The resulting bend on the right handguard resulted in a constantly flashing modulated brake light.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had barkbusters on other bikes and these were probably the easist installation of them all. Clearance between the levers and the aluminum backbone is good, both left and right. Though when the bars are turned to the hardstop the plastic portion just nudges up against the fairing, both left and right. Suppose if i tried positioning the bars in their clamps differently then they'd probably clear the fairing but for now I'm not too worried about it.

After hundreds of crashes on the trail with other bikes I figured if I left the clutch and brake perches just slightly on the loose side then they would be free to spin on the bars for when the bike and bars hit the dirt thus avoiding bent or damage to the levers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts