Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new bike a few weeks ago and between winter-like weather and overtime at work, Im finally up to over 400 mi. Im not a fan of the stock bars, as I keep finding myself leaning forward to much. I also get some shoulder pain after a while, due to an old injury. Thinking maybe taller bars with some more pull back? Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Rox swivel risers are the most popular here at the forum.
Mine have 2 in lift and go forward or back.

Sounds like you are a perfect candidate for Eagle Mfg risers.
They are rigid and have pullback built in. (much less costly and high quality)

The next most-used item up there is some high ATV handlebars.

I run risers and atv bars with my long wingspan
and destroyed rotator cuff. Took a few tries but I
have all day comfort now.

Welome to the forum and KLR's !!!,
CheapMark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on the handlebar issue: Installed the Tusk risers yesterday, adjusted the bars, mirrors, controls,....and rode to work this morning. So far, so good. Im not leaning as far forward and my elbows are more level with the bar height. Appears to be $25 well spent. Thanks again for the suggestions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Update on the handlebar issue: Installed the Tusk risers yesterday, adjusted the bars, mirrors, controls,....and rode to work this morning. So far, so good. Im not leaning as far forward and my elbows are more level with the bar height. Appears to be $25 well spent. Thanks again for the suggestions.
How long were your risers and is stock cables long enough or is adjustmentshe needed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts