1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

# Vented for minimum turbulence and back pressure
# Available in two heights
# Shape designed to compliment the lines of the KLR 650
# Excellent coverage of torso.
# Very quiet cockpit area, with much less noise and turbulence than stock
# No back pressure
# Allows full steering lock in both directions.
# Made from 4.5mm thick (3/16") DOT certified impact resistant plastic.
# Laser cut for precision aerodynamics and fit
# Includes storage cover, micro-fiber cleaning towel, and mini-spray bottle of windshield cleaner.

Complete info and more photos here:

http://www.calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/KLRprod.html

[email protected]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you provide more details about what material this "plastic" windshield is made from? Acrylic, Lexan, other?
Also, what are the optics like? Is it easily scratched like our OEM screens?

Personally, I'm looking for a better quality windscreen that has better optics, doesn't scratch by looking at it, and fits without issue.

Will your company be producing headlight lens protectors for our delicate OEM headlight lenses?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would love to hear from other KLR owners that may have already purchased the CalSci windshield for the '08. I'm considering it, but have been told it's a waste unless you're really putting on a lot of highway miles. thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I rode an 08 that has this Cal Sci windshield. The owner does lots of highway riding and absolutely loves it. I am after not having wind blow directly into my eyes at trail speeds. The Cal Sci still lets the wind hit me about the same as the stock w/s at these speeds (I'm 6'2"). I'm still undecided. There are several posts over at KLR.net forum on this topic.....Kawi's 4' taller and all the others seem to get mixed reviews.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts