Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm Jim and just took home my first KLR last Friday. It's a used 2009 with only 1500 miles on it.

I've been without a bike for too long. Most of my Junior and Senior High weekends were spent with my Dad and Uncle down at Rampart Range (Yamaha IT 400). Had a street bike for awhile but got rid of it when I built the house we are in now at the end of a rough driveway about a mile past the end of the pavement. Been contemplating the dual sport idea for a long time. Finally couldn't stand it any more and pulled the trigger. I am really happy with this bike.

I'm thinking about naming her "Rainmaker" since, after weeks of fires and drought, it has rained every day I've had the bike. I rode it to work today anyway. People looked at me funny going to the car wash in the rain on the way in this morning but I couldn't bring it to the office for the first time caked in driveway mud...

:35a:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nice, looks like there's a few of us Colorado noobs here :D

I'm waiting for my new front tire to show up, then I can ride mine to work and show it off.

BTW, thanks for brining the rain, we needed it desperately. I don't mind riding in the rain, especially if it means the state stops burning.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome...you killed two birds with one stone, one new bike and much needed rain. Next miracle please....

Just kidding...welcome to the KLR community and ride safe...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome to all the new colorado people. Colorado is on the "To drive to" list.:bike:

·
Registered
452 Posts
im headed your way from Alaska end of the month .. FT carson .. See you all there .. bringing mine with ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts