Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Northeast Georgia area. Got an 08 KLR 2 weeks ago. Since I got it, I have ridden Kennesaw Lane, Upper Hightower / Charlie's Creek and Dawson Forest. I see a bunch of places on this forum I have ridden in my 4 wheel drive. Looking forward to finding more roads and adventures. Please respond with any areas ya'll might think I would enjoy.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Can't help you with places to ride but I will welcome you to the best KLR Forum on the net! WELCOME!!
Best Regards....justjeff

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Welcome, Jake.

Glad you picked the bestest bike on the planet.
Imagine all the areas you've jeeped and triple or quadruple
the places it can get thru. You are in a wonderful part of the
country to just turn off the main road "just to see where it leads".

You'll be telling US the best places to ride. LOL

Have fun,
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I have a pretty good knowledge of the mountains from riding sport touring for the last 20 years. Now it's time to see where those dirt roads go, just because I can. I have seen Dixie dual sport online. I will have to look into that some more.

·
Registered
44 Posts
North GA exploration

I've only been on the Cahutta ride and up to Whissenhunt, both were fun. If you have weekdays free I'd be open to doing some mountain exploration with you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you shaoul. I will let you know if I get a chance to head that way. I was able to do Helton Creek Rd, Popcorn Rd, FS 32, Cowee Labs Rd and over to Standing Indian Campground today. A little over 215 miles with about 60 off road.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice ride...that's pretty up there. I was riding south of you the same day....up to Cooper Gap in the southern part of Chattahoochee National Forest.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dixie Dual Sports has their big annual ride scheduled in March. It's down here in Brooksville Florida, but a big event with folks from all over the southern states.

Devil's Creek 2016

May seem like a haul, but sometimes these kind of events are worth it. I once hauled from Tampa over to Junction, Texas to do a two-day adventure challenge. Definitely worth it, great event and I certified an iron butt on the way over! :smile2:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Welcome, Shakey! Hope to see you at some of the SE rides this next year! I will be working on the '16 calendar over the next couple weeks. Jump on a few of them and enjoy the camaraderie and riding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts