Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang! Well after an 8 year break ( not a voluntary break) i'm back on 2 wheels. When i first decided that i was going to start riding again my first thought was klr650. So back in January i joined your group. Was only going to be a lurker until i found what i was looking for. Well i didn't get to lurk since my thoughts started changing towards a suzuki dr650. But then as i got to physically looking at bikes my attention quickly drew back towards the klr650. So i'm proud to say i am the owner of a 2008 klr650 with 15,300kms. I am the 3rd owner of this bike with the previous owner only put a total of 5000kms on it and 2500kms of that is on a freshly built motor with over sized ring and piston. It also came with a crz racing pipe which the previous owner removed because he didn't like the sound....i'll be putting it back on lol. Well thanks for letting me bore you that's 30seconds you'll never get back lol....cheers
Troy.

·
Lifetime Member
2,485 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

I have an 08 as well, great bikes! Some had the tendency to sip some oil, but with the overbore already done on yours, you shouldn't have a problem. Tons of great folks here with lots of knowledge!

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
I'll suggest, narrow seat and smaller fuel tank.
Other than those two items, it's OK in my book!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what i'm going to be using the bike for the klr650 made more sense. I have a 20 min. Highway commute to work and with limited time for play the bike is going to be mainly used for back and forth to work with the occasional romp in the dirt on the weekends.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome gang... as for the exhaust you'll be happy to hear that i installed it and then removed it. I liked the sound but i don't like being a bad neighbour. I think that i should be able to buy an aftermarket slip on that is subtle but has a nicer sound than stock...any suggestions would be appreciated. If needed i'll start another thread in the proper section of the forum.
Troy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts