Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Givi E21's and Tankbag mounted up. Givi crashbars are on the way. Centerstand on order for next month. I was able to fab up some mounts and put a DL1000 belly pan on the Wee too. Kind of helps fill the lower front in some.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Lookin good.I like the Givis.I've always liked the stroms,but just couldn't get used to the ride.I guess they're a love them or hate'm type of bike.Here's a pic of Kays right before she sold it :18:

Also looks like you have the touring seat on.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I ordered the seat when I bought the bike. I need as much space between the pegs and the seat as I can get. It does seem to have a hate it, like it, following. My buddy just can't seem to get comfortable on it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
yea,that was our problem.They handled nice,and good wind protection,and reliable as an old mare.But a few hours and I was ready to get off.The peg to seat ratio was all wrong for me and Kay was to short so the bars were always to far forward.We even added risers that were up and back,but to no avail.Finally,and sadly,sold it and are in the process of trying to find another big tourer for her.Maybe a capo.She doesn't want anything to do with my Tiger.To much power she says LOL.If your ever this way,ya gotta place to stay

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
I went from this:

To this:

And I had the same issue.. I just never fell in love with it..:(

I sold it to Double A (member here) and he had the same issue.. I went to a Goldwing, and he went to a Connie, and both are happier, and we both kept our KLR..

As a matter of fact, Double A and I are headed off to Minnesota today on our Wing and Connie for a 12 hour road rally.:) http://www.glmc.org/bonzai.html

Nothing WRONG with the Strom for either of us, but it just wasn't right for either of us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts