Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to take a minute and say what a great group on this forum, I just bought a 2009 KLR with 1200mi on it, the PO was 80 yrs old and his family made him sell it and buy a scooter, they were afraid he'd fall over and hurt himself.

I've already done the 22 cent mod, changed oil and filter, coolant, brake fluid and sparkplug.

What a fun bike to ride, my other bike is a Harley Davidson V-ROD Muscle, talk about opposite riding characteristics, the KLR feels like a jacked up 4x4 with nervous steering at speed and the Muscle feels like a big Merc tons of torque and very stable at speed.

I look forward to the continuing education from the site and also being able to share.

Best regards,
Kent

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
the PO was 80 yrs old and his family made him sell it and buy a scooter, they were afraid he'd fall over and hurt himself.
Welcome to the forum, vfrkent. Let's hope we're all as lucky as the previous owner of your new ride.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just wanted to take a minute and say what a great group on this forum, I just bought a 2009 KLR with 1200mi on it, the PO was 80 yrs old and his family made him sell it and buy a scooter, they were afraid he'd fall over and hurt himself.

I've already done the 22 cent mod, changed oil and filter, coolant, brake fluid and sparkplug.

What a fun bike to ride, my other bike is a Harley Davidson V-ROD Muscle, talk about opposite riding characteristics, the KLR feels like a jacked up 4x4 with nervous steering at speed and the Muscle feels like a big Merc tons of torque and very stable at speed.

I look forward to the continuing education from the site and also being able to share.

Best regards,
Kent
Welcome to information central here. The forum has been great as I have developed the personality of my 2009. I also have a large bike ( GL1800) and you will get to enjoy both ends of the riding world. Ride safe James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts