Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a bit - have owned a 2005 KLR since it was new - Jan 2005. Just under 5k on it.

It's my daily ride to work - also own a 2003 HD Screamin Eagle Road King, which is NOT my daily ride to work. Love both to death - the HD was a gift from my dad before he died this year...so it is my most cherished ride and will pass to my son when I am too weak to twist the throttle.

On the KLR I have done the Sub Frame Upgrade, have the Progressive Springs sitting next to me and just ordered new tires/tubes...and am about the pull the trigger on the Doohicky kit, new brake pads and a few other odds and ends.

Need to do the Doo hickey, SOON - and I am afraid of the valve seal issues that I have been reading about on other KLR Sites (MSM).:mad0235:

Career Marine Officer - been to Iraq twice (just got back in Feb) and Qatar the year before the 1st OIF deployment so my bike sits more then I care for it to...hoping to get a pass and not have to go in Jan...

Floridian and DIE HARD Gators Fan! Go Gators!

Sean

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome, anybody in N.C. available to help Sean with his Doo. If you were near me. I would do it for you. Paulo U.S Army Primus nul altus (first or not at all)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome aboard Marine!! First and foremost, thank you for your service, it 'is' greatly appreciated by all of us.

Now to the bike. Looks like you have a great setup for the bike and doing all the right things. Definately grab the doo.

Could you elaborate a little more on the valve seal issue. I do not recall seeing much about this, but then again I wasn't looking for it.

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask anything..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go to Multi Surface Motorcycles Web Page - dig back in the 2006 Fuel For Thought (Elden Carl ramblings that are great info)...

There have been a few, including his that had leakage past the valve seals/seats that caused the motor to FUBAR, required a top end rebuild... His died at 8k another I read about at 5k...another at 11k. Was primarily 2005 and later motors that were discussed.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts