Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New soon to be KLR rider here from Oklahoma. Picking up a 2012 from the dealer on Tuesday. Im gonna have about $1800 to drop into accessories and am totally overwhelmed with options. Fun problem to have! I have been riding for about 15 years but this is my first dual sport. Previous bikes I have had are as follows: 2000 Katana 750, 1998 Honda VFR800, 2002 Triumph Speed Triple, 2001 Honda Shadow Ace 750 (was intended for the wife.) I attended MMI back in 2004 and worked at a dealership as a salesman for about 2 years in Phoenix. I still have the Triple though its a bit of a basket case at this point. Some day if I have time and some extra cash I will put it back together. Ive already got some pretty good information from this board by lurking and I look forward to conversing with you all.

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new KLR. $1800 will at least get you started with farkles.........The only advice I would offer at this point is be careful where and how you park the thing. They sit up very straight on the kickstand and tip much more easily than any other motorcycle I've ridden. Just something to be aware of if you weren't already.

·
Administrator
3,690 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum and enjoy that new KLR. $1800 will at least get you started with farkles.........The only advice I would offer at this point is be careful where and how you park the thing. They sit up very straight on the kickstand and tip much more easily than any other motorcycle I've ridden. Just something to be aware of if you weren't already.
Thanks for the advice. Im planning on picking up the happy trail center stand so hopefully that will assist when parking in precarious parking spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts