Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I wanted to say hi. I recently picked up an 03 klr to explore more of Colorado. I've been riding mostly sport bikes but want to get off the pavement more. Thanks in advance for all the info everyone has to offer.

Ryan

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in Colorado Springs and I'm looking for a riding buddy. We aren't real close but I ride The Rampart Range often and want to explore around Tin Cup. I hope to meet up with Sardog when he's in Colorado on the Divide Ride.
Walter

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good. I'd be up for some touring of Colorado and riding in your area. Ive ridden a lot in the northern mountains but haven't ventured too much south of Denver yet.

Ryan

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bienvenido a KLRforum.
How about telling us where all the nice on and off roads are.
Planning on taking my KLR out there one year and my R1 another.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bienvenido a KLRforum.
How about telling us where all the nice on and off roads are.
Planning on taking my KLR out there one year and my R1 another.

I haven't done much on the klr yet. But for sport bike riding hiway 72 going up coal creek canyon is good. And almost any road out of Durango can be good. Would also suggest the peak to peak highway.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the group...Colorado is beautiful state.... Like Sardog1 said you are very lucky to have such a great backyard...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I haven't done much on the klr yet. But for sport bike riding hiway 72 going up coal creek canyon is good. And almost any road out of Durango can be good. Would also suggest the peak to peak highway.

Thanks, will take note of those!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heard about the fires in Colorado, are they still burning or are they under control?
It's still burning all over. Still a couple large fires and several small ones. Today smoke is blowing in from Wyoming also and the air in Denver is thick and smokey. Not good.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's still burning all over. Still a couple large fires and several small ones. Today smoke is blowing in from Wyoming also and the air in Denver is thick and smokey. Not good.

That is too beautiful of a state to burn like that...hope things get under control soon...

Our prayers our with those fighting it and those living through it....

·
Registered
389 Posts

Very smokey here today also, wind just turned and coming from the east now, so it will get worse here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is too beautiful of a state to burn like that...hope things get under control soon...

Our prayers our with those fighting it and those living through it....
I know. I love the mountains and hate to see them burn along with all the people who have lost their homes. It's just a bad deal for everyone. On the other side of the coin though this is natures way of thinning out the forests.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts