Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a 07 klr 650 black and silver. first dual sport bike, i have had 60 bikes in my lifetime including sport bikes, sport tourers, cruisers and full dressers. i also have an 08 goldwing in my stable. just sold my buell and thought why not try the klr. only have had it for a few days but so far i like it.

i have a question... the manual says 21 psi in the front tire and 28 psi in rear. i wiegh 235 . just wondering what psi folks run.?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome aboard Freak....Congrats on the KLR purchase.

As far as the PSI, that is more of a factory recommendation for an all around tire pressure for both on and off road. Normally if your going to be doing some gravel, dirt, or single tracks you would of course lower the PSI down to about 18 or so. Not going too low because the rims don't have locks to hold the tube in place. As for highway I always run a higher pressure even with the OEM's while they were still on the bike. Currently I have a Avon Gripster on the front with around 28 PSI and a Pirelli S/T on the rear running about 36 PSI. My offroading is sporatic and have found the high pressures do just fine for my style. Alot of the tires will start cupping at the lower pressures. The front tires seem to cup over time no matter what.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts