Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008, Kawasaki, KLR650
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Bought my new-to-me ‘08 with 4,500 miles on October 12th 2021. Picked it up from Pro Italia in Montrose for $5,000 out the door ($4,600 list price got me in the door). I hate dealer tax, but the parts it came with, the condition it was in and the fact that the dealership is well known for their older, more affluent clients that don’t ride hard (they’re a Ducati Moto Gucci BMW dealer) made me want look past it for a solid bike that was not abused.

She came with an SW-Motech engine cage, radiator gaurd, center stand, tank bag, saddle bags, top luggage box, Jardine full exhaust, heated grips, taller windscreen, new battery, serviced carb, serviced tank and new Dunlop semi knobby tires.

Since I’ve had it I’ve done an oil change with Amzoil oil and Wix filter, added a Tusk low profile drain plug and just last night installed LED light bulbs for both high and low beams.

I plan to take the bike on camping trips and live off the bike for a few nights somewhere out in nature.

Hope to learn from everyone and maybe ride with some of you!

Happy/safe riding,

Philip

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Cloud Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
2017 KLR650
50 Posts
Welcome to the club! How are those LED headlight bulbs you installed? No crazy changes to the spread/beam divergence? Could you cover what specific bulbs you used and how the install went by chance? I'm looking at doing this along with finally putting my damn temp gauge overlay sticker in the cluster, that came with the thermobob. Ride safe,
Matt

·
Registered
2002 KLR 650
59 Posts
Sweet bike. Really like that color scheme. Bat bike. Your first motorcycle ? Looks like you have some nice riding areas up in Los Padres NF. Bunch of camping places. Little Tijunga Canyon rd. looks like it has with fun twistys in it.

·
Registered
2008, Kawasaki, KLR650
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the club! How are those LED headlight bulbs you installed? No crazy changes to the spread/beam divergence? Could you cover what specific bulbs you used and how the install went by chance? I'm looking at doing this along with finally putting my damn temp gauge overlay sticker in the cluster, that came with the thermobob. Ride safe,
Matt
Unfortunately the bulbs were too efficient and it was messing with the regulator. I ended up removing the bulbs today, at least until I can find a way to make them work with the stock regulator or get an aftermarket regulator that will support LEDs. What temp gauge overlay sticker are you going to put on?I’ve been meaning to look up the thermobob mod

·
Registered
2008, Kawasaki, KLR650
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet bike. Really like that color scheme. Bat bike. Your first motorcycle ? Looks like you have some nice riding areas up in Los Padres NF. Bunch of camping places. Little Tijunga Canyon rd. looks like it has with fun twistys in it.
Thanks! I actually don’t care for the color scheme haha I’m more of a black/dark bike color guy myself. This is my 6th bike. Second dirt capable bike. Yeah, I’m excited to take her camping :)
You got any tips or suggestions for mods that will make camping and getting to the destination more doable?

·
Registered
2017 KLR650
50 Posts
Unfortunately the bulbs were too efficient and it was messing with the regulator. I ended up removing the bulbs today, at least until I can find a way to make them work with the stock regulator or get an aftermarket regulator that will support LEDs. What temp gauge overlay sticker are you going to put on?I’ve been meaning to look up the thermobob mod
The overlay sticker is a cheap extra you can get with whatever thermobob, I've just had it sitting around for a while now I need to get it on there. Good luck with the bulbs!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts