Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to the Group,

New guy here, go by Frenchie.

I will be heading out the door in about an hour & a half to the local dealer and sign a purchase order on a 2015 Gray/Black KLR. I feel like a kid at Christmas!! The Factory $500 Military rebate helps a lot too!!

I have been riding off & on since around 1970 starting with a mini bike, up through an '02 Goldwing and now downsizing to 2 "Me Only" bikes. I have a lonely 2010 Honda 600 Silverwing "Maxiscooter" and the KLR will be just right to keep it company. I still consider myself a "Novice" rider even with over 40 years in the saddle since I seem to crash less this way.

Riding interests range from commuting, Ice cream runs Overnights, Day longs, Light fire trail road riding, Ice Cream runs, Dinner runs, and did I mention Ice Cream runs??

I live on the Eastern shore of Maryland between Ocean City & Salisbury so any folks out this way give me a shout and lets see where the road leads.

Be Safe, Be Cool,
Frenchie

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Frenchie.
I'll bet you can tell us, 'How many Really Good Ice Cream Shops' are with-in 30 minutes of your home?:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome.....fairly new myself. Congrats on the new bike. A creative bunch in here............no problem designing a handlebar mounted ice cream cone holder.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Johnny,
Un-like your picture, my tongue would not be long enough to reach my ice cream.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's our dog Kip. I took that pic with my phone and just happened to catch her tongue in that spot. Generally it's in her mouth or hanging out more when she's hot. Kinda looks like that pic ought to be on the post office wall, don't it?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome! You will find a nice bunch of helpful and/or. Humorous guys here.
Where in MD, I ride down that way, Branch Ave. /Rt.15?! Near Andrews AFB.
Best,
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts