Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new Firstgear riding jacket (sorry, can't think of the model) with the removable liner and pads. The jacket is very 'stiff' feeling, it nearly stands up by its self, and i'd like to know if it loosens up with time.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
It will. At least a little. Needs some sweat and rain and sun and seat time.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Remember though...it was meant to protect you, not feel good. It will never be like a regular jacket. And if it starts to ever feel like a regular jacket, you need a new one. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just purchased a new Firstgear riding jacket (sorry, can't think of the model) with the removable liner and pads. The jacket is very 'stiff' feeling, it nearly stands up by its self, and i'd like to know if it loosens up with time.
It will loosen up over time the more you wear it. I had the same problem with my jacket and after a few times of wearing it fits like a glove.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Everyone is going tell me I'm gonna shoot my eye out but, I have a three year old F.G. Kilimanjaro model and the jacket does loosen up but I took out the elbow and shoulder pads. Never had a riding jacket with them, always wore the kind that Velcro on back in the old days for comp riding. Just didn't like the feel of the binding at the elbows etc.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Guys..
Dryer with the heat off, or as low as it'll go.. Toss in jacket and a couple clean tennis shoes.. Turn dryer on and tumble for a half hour. Check to see if it's soft enough.. If not, give it another half hour..

Let the shoes kick that new jacket into shape!!:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
That's a hell of a good idea, Dan. I might go tennis balls instead of shoes, but my neighbor has a messy ass dog. Literally. (I think he feeds it candy)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm a cheater... All my Aerostich stuff has been purchased used.. :) Although, I admit that I'm breaking in a pair of combat touring boots right now.. I bought them from a guy on eBay that pretty much gave up on breaking them in. I figure he wore them 2-3 times.. They'll bow to me when I'm done with them..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts