Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
i do wish it had an old-school clock on it too... I like how simple the dash is, but i think this is 2018 and its time to make that dash a little bit more modern.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here's my 3 bikes using wrist watches.

My KLR

My XT250

My NX250
I dont have a picture, but I use a watch on mine too. I have a cross bar pad on the handlebars and wrap a cheap watch around it. Gravity tends to twist it so the watch ends up on the underside, but a quick twist of the pad and its visable.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't overthink it.
I bought a $7 watch at walmart with a cloth-velcro band. Strapped it on the front brake reservoir. It's waterproof too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the small Aerostich clock mounted on the bar of a Ural side hack. It lasted almost 2 yrs. I called Aerostich as I thought the battery probably should have lasted longer. ( I wasn’t complaining as much as I wanted to know if this is what I should expect). They sent me a new watch and said it should last up to (5) yrs . Great customer service there. Anyway even thought it was small it was very handy-easy to read and waterproof. Probably what I’ll buy again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the small Aerostich clock mounted on the bar of a Ural side hack. It lasted almost 2 yrs. I called Aerostich as I thought the battery probably should have lasted longer. ( I wasn’t complaining as much as I wanted to know if this is what I should expect). They sent me a new watch and said it should last up to (5) yrs . Great customer service there. Anyway even thought it was small it was very handy-easy to read and waterproof. Probably what I’ll buy again.
I bought one several years ago to use on a ZRX I had at the time. Bought the thermometer too. They both died in less than 2 years. Watch was too small to read at a glance anyway for my eyes. Would not buy again.
Hands actually fell off the face. Not a battery issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
need a clock?

Just buy a cheap water resistent digital or analog, i got a timex analog and velcro it to the dash, works great for me, only a few bucks

21 - 31 of 31 Posts