Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, all things point to a November 23rd announcement of the KLR 650 replacement....

Exciting. Well, maybe not...

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
I think Walt Disney's movie musical score said it best, "A dream is a wish, your heart makes."

Just wonderin' . . . WHO will jettison immediately their Generation 1 and Generation 2 KLR650s, rushing down to their friendly local Kawasaki dealer, depositing on or buying the KLR successor?

Who will be, "the first in their neighborhood," owning a latter-day KLR? Any MSRP threshold?

Related musing: How will the advent of the new, improved, KLR affect the value of the obsolete models now running?

·
Registered
346 Posts
“Related musing: How will the advent of the new, improved, KLR affect the value of the obsolete models now running?”

That all depends on the price of the new one. If it’s under $7000, I’d expect a lot of downward pressure. If it’s close to the modern ADV bikes, I’d expect little impact.

·
Registered
48 Posts
November the 23rd.. Obviously they don't know how old I am.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
I seriously doubt it will be better than my modded Gen1's for what I do; hopefully we'll see soon. My WAG is a 500lb twin cylinder ADV bike just like all the others.....

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I think that this concept looks better than the other 2 from above. Hopefully Tom Schmitz or klr4evr will EDIT in a Larger PIC here?

The bodywork looks a little less fragile & hopefully less expensive.

No way I'd ride that. Dang chain's too tight. T.

Thanks for the full size pic Tom and you are correct about the drive chain. :)

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
I think that this concept looks better than the other 2 from above. Hopefully Tom Schmitz or klr4evr will EDIT in a Larger PIC here?

The bodywork looks a little less fragile & hopefully less expensive?
looks nice Paul though it looks like a green Tenere 700.......not what I'm looking for but I think it would sell well.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I'll ask why the skid plate is level with the axles, rather than 2-3 inches above the axles with such a short stroke V-Twin?

And I would hope that the underside of the lower triple clamp would be drilled & TAPPED to accept a high-mount front fender!
If they would DOUBLE the flywheel weight, the modern twin cylinder engines would work better on dirt roads!
They would feel like they had more torque & be less 'twitchy' to bumpy road throttle input. Which can currently feel quite abrupt in the response for dirt road traction & overall throttle control.

Reactions: dallas

·
Registered
48 Posts
The big reveal made me yawn. "They say".....the KLR replacement will be in the next "BIG REVEAL" in January. I'll consider that a definite maybe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hope you are right but my SWAG is a single cylinder 700cc with fuel injection. No significant changes to the rest of the bike.
A FI 700 single would fit me perfect but my luck it would only be available in hot pink.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts