Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time dual spot owner, just picked it up.........

'02 with 7800 miles, very clean, well maintained and already loaded up with a few goodies.

Considering the mods that are already on it, the condition it's in and I got all the factory stuff that was removed I didn't feel bad about giving $3k for it.

I'm happy with it.:16a:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to the klr insanity. Now that was a really good deal. Looks like he already put a rear shock mud guard. Definitely bend the rear plate more to a 45* angle or the rear tire will rip it off onto the highway or relocate it higher. I lost mine once already. Has the doohickey been replaced yet? Looking good. Have you read http://www.bigcee.com/klr650faq.html yet? It is a very good reference to anything you might need. Have any questions?, just ask.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has the doohickey been replaced yet?
I don't know, I've left a message with him to call me back to find out. If not, where's the best/cheapest place to get the parts? I've been reading a bit on here about the doohickey and definitely want it fixed if it hasn't been already.

It's already got the hand warmers, Supertrap, skid, 12v supply, Corbin seat, aluminum Bark busters and a few other things I'm sure but I'm waiting on a call back for a complete mod list.

So far I'm lovin' it. :35a:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The doo's are all about the same price, you can pick them up at www.arrowheadmotorsports.com or klr650.com

If your happy with the price and what you got in the deal, that is all that matters, personally I think you did great. Nice looking ride for sure.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I definitely would have gave the 3k for it. It has over a grand in aftermarket parts. Good deal.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yep, plate might get eaten...just remove that rear reflector above the plate, and then move the plate up so that the two screws that hold the plate are in the bottom holes of the license plate. That should clear you enough.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do you have a gel battery? It looks like your missing a battery drain tube. If you have a gel battery- nevermind.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Your new ride looks great.....

Enjoy, if you ever head north to Canada, there plenty for places to get your bike dirty and old looking real quick.

regards

BackRoader
(Winter is gone here....finally)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome , Great looking bike ! Is that a RUBICON in the back !I am trying to have my wife purchase a 4 door! Sweet but pricey.. What projects are under the tarps out back????????

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome , Great looking bike ! Is that a RUBICON in the back !I am trying to have my wife purchase a 4 door! Sweet but pricey.. What projects are under the tarps out back????????
Yep that's my other main toy...............

Recent front end tube work, my first tube bending job....

And my once a year total clean up, was on it from 9am until 7pm even waxed the thing for the first time in 2 years. I doubt you'll ever see it this clean again.....

Current list of mods on the Rubicon....

'04 Rubicon AT
4.5 Rubicon Express Coils
Rubicon Express Front And Rear Adjustable Super Flex Upper Control Arms
Rubicon Express Front And Rear Adjustable Track Bars
Rubicon Express Rear Cv Drive Shaft
Rusty's Winch Plate
Rusty's New "Supler Flex" Adjustable Lower Control Arms
Rusty's 1" BL
Rusty's Steering Box Skid
Rusty's Steering Box Brace
Rusty's HD Lower Control Arm Brackets