Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, Just wanted to say how much I love my 2012 KLR. I've had it 3 weeks and have 200 miles on it. When I bought my VTX I only put maybe 300 miles on it all year! the first year. Now I'm just debating on taller windshield or not. The stock one does a pretty good job. I have a friend that wants to organize a dual sport ride, which sounds like fun to me.:)

Paul

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome aboard, i have a tall windshield and love it on the hiways, not so much off road however. All depends what you wanna do.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm not far ahead of you, having only 378 miles on my 2012 KLR. I'll be going with a taller windshield eventually. There are several posts about taller windshields, do a search, there's some really good info. I'm still in the decision phase about which one to buy.

Wren

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice to see another Michigander! I'm in Jackson, add your name to the KLR users map on here so I'm not so alone here in the lower. Welcome enjoy the forum and the bike!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Motorcycle
Timothys687
More miles and smiles for all!

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Welcome to the brother/sisterhood! I'm just on the other side of the pond fom you. If you ever find yourself in WI, drop me a line. FYI, the T.W.A.T. is a great trail and not all that far from you guys. Also, the Lake Express ferry transports bikes free in spring and fall!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012,picked it up May 4th and have put 2 oil changes and 1700km in 3 weeks! Installed kappa crash bars and an aluminum skid plate, but that doesn't cure saddle sores! gotta get a new seat next!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts