Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not new to motorcycles but new to dual purpose motorcycles. Most of my life I've owned road bikes but I let them all go about, maybe, five years ago now. I sure missed having a motorcycle around and had been thinking about a dual purpose machine for a long time. Did a fair amount of research and found I liked the KLR650 a lot. So, couple weeks ago I visit a local Kawasaki dealer just to look and find out more about the KLR650 in person - just a reconnaissance missing mind you to pick up some brochures etc. Well, there it was a 2015 Candy Lime Green KLR650 with the KLR handlebar bag, KLR tank bag, rear KLR tail case, and the KLR saddle bags just THE bike I had been drooling over for months. So I spent about three hours overall at the dealership purchasing the bike and looking into all the cool stuff they have. I didn't take the saddle bags but took all the other KLR bags. I also had the dealer install the Moose Racing skid plate and the crash bars and went back a week later to get the bike - this was a week ago today now. I have all of 14.2 miles on it. It was 32 degrees when I went to ride the bike home and it's really been too cold to ride over the week I've owned it. This gives me more time to look into adding cool accessories to my KLR. I sure look forward to getting lost on my KLR in the near future. Got a new pair of FirstGear riding footwear today and plan on a new Shoei GT-Air real soon. My other Shoei is 24 years old now.

I would post a picture but this forum doesn't allow you to do that straight from your computer only if you have a third party image host account and I don't do that anymore.

Kenneth

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums! Congrats on the new wheels, your going to love your KLR :)

Pic posting is kind of different here as well, as an anti spam feature new members can't post pics until they get 15 posts in. Pain in the butt for new members, but an extremely effective anti spam tool.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forums! Congrats on the new wheels, your going to love your KLR :)

Pic posting is kind of different here as well, as an anti spam feature new members can't post pics until they get 15 posts in. Pain in the butt for new members, but an extremely effective anti spam tool.
Thank you for the welcome 650Stew. Still waaaaay too cold to ride here in Colorado only 16 degrees today and snowing. So all I've been able to do since I purchased my KLR is to go out to the garage and drool over it while wishing it were spring.

:character0029:
Kenneth

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
KBear you will get to ride soon enough.
Where in Colorado do you live? We have a very good dealer here in Loveland.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where in Colorado do you live?
I would rather keep it to just Colorado if you don't mind.

My Kawasaki dealers are Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont and Colorado Powersports in Boulder both really great dealerships.

I know of MotoAdventures in Loveland and met Bruce the owner. Bruce is more than willing to spend as much time needed to answer any questions, you can't ask for more - very nice guy. Not sure if that's the dealership to which you were referring.

Kenneth

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Good luck with your KLR. The CMA chapter in Longmont does a lot of off road riding and also teaches off road riding.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with your KLR. The CMA chapter in Longmont does a lot of off road riding and also teaches off road riding.
Thank you for the information!

Kenneth

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Check out Performance Cycle in Denver they have a good price on helmets. I purchased a GT Air last year at about $100 off list. Most of what they carry is discounted.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Check out Performance Cycle in Denver they have a good price on helmets. I purchased a GT Air last year at about $100 off list. Most of what they carry is discounted.
That's great! I'll give them a call this weekend and maybe head over there.

I found the receipt for my 24 year Shoei GRV-G2 in the box the helmet came in. The price was $271.58 total. Wow, the price of helmets have certainly gone up haven't they? I would post a picture of my GRV-G2 but I don't have the amount of posts to do so.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

Kenneth

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Much of the increase is for insurance. Ever since Bell and Honda were sued the companies have had to carry massive amounts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts