Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered an Icon Variant helmet.

Looking at reviews and opinions, there's as many for as against it overall. Gonna have to decide for myself!

·
Registered
114 Posts
The response is pretty typical as helmets are a particular breed. Different size and shape of heads and all. Sounds like you already made your choice though. hope it serves you well and ride safe! :WellDone:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
For future reference WebBikeWorld is an awesome resource for helmet reviews and gear in general.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For future reference WebBikeWorld is an awesome resource for helmet reviews and gear in general.
That's one of the sites I read a review on.

Seemed to think it was okay, as I recall the Variant was his "favorite of all the "Enduro" styled helmets I've worn so far".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it came in. Picked up and went for a bit of a ride.

I like it! Goes on tight and comes off tighter, but when on fits real nice. I'd say about the same pull from wind gusts and shoulder checks as the average full face street helmet. Little tight in the cheeks but I've read they will smush (technical term of the day) a bit after a few rides.

Venting is good so wind noise is there, as any helmet that actually vents has. Less noisy than my FS 16 Prism though.

All in all, initial feeling is its a gooder. Now if I can just figure out how to install the chin curtain..

:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts