Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Recently joined ranks after having been out of the saddle for the last 10 years, had an old friend offer me his dirt bike for cheap when cleaning out the garage and just like that, I was back on two wheels. Sold the Yamaha XT 225 at the end of this summer and bought a 2011 KLR with 4000 miles. It was quite the wild 45 mile ride home on a stock/bald rear tire and a sticking throttle but made it safe and sound. I have been lurking in the forum for a couple months doing some light reading but decided I should join the ranks as I seem to need the information pretty regularly. I sadly only have one photo of the bike the morning after I brought it home but will update soon with some jewelry I recently ordered. Thanks for all the info.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Welcome!
wow.... only 4000 miles on a 2011? Enjoy the new ride and hopefully issues such as the sticking throttle will be easily solved. I'm sure you'll have a great time making this bike "yours".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, It was a bit of a barn find, run only a couple times a year since 2016. Throttle has already been resolved and tires replaced, even had a chance to put 600ish miles on it before I put it away. I appreciate the welcome.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You got a nice low mile bike, good for you. Enjoy the comfy ride that will love the roads in your area. I live in Mid Wis these bikes are great for the this area of the country.

Can't wait to see more pics and the "jewlery" you have on order for her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happened to see this come up in a "Cloud Flashback?", what a strange thing for a phone to do, though it is a good photo of the old bike on the day I took it's new owner for a test ride.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Water

1 - 5 of 5 Posts