Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Recently joined ranks after having been out of the saddle for the last 10 years, had an old friend offer me his dirt bike for cheap when cleaning out the garage and just like that, I was back on two wheels. Sold the Yamaha XT 225 at the end of this summer and bought a 2011 KLR with 4000 miles. It was quite the wild 45 mile ride home on a stock/bald rear tire and a sticking throttle but made it safe and sound. I have been lurking in the forum for a couple months doing some light reading but decided I should join the ranks as I seem to need the information pretty regularly. I sadly only have one photo of the bike the morning after I brought it home but will update soon with some jewelry I recently ordered. Thanks for all the info.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Welcome!
wow.... only 4000 miles on a 2011? Enjoy the new ride and hopefully issues such as the sticking throttle will be easily solved. I'm sure you'll have a great time making this bike "yours".

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks, It was a bit of a barn find, run only a couple times a year since 2016. Throttle has already been resolved and tires replaced, even had a chance to put 600ish miles on it before I put it away. I appreciate the welcome.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You got a nice low mile bike, good for you. Enjoy the comfy ride that will love the roads in your area. I live in Mid Wis these bikes are great for the this area of the country.

Can't wait to see more pics and the "jewlery" you have on order for her.

·
Registered
'08 KLR
325 Posts
Hello All,
Recently joined ranks after having been out of the saddle for the last 10 years, had an old friend offer me his dirt bike for cheap when cleaning out the garage and just like that, I was back on two wheels. Sold the Yamaha XT 225 at the end of this summer and bought a 2011 KLR with 4000 miles. It was quite the wild 45 mile ride home on a stock/bald rear tire and a sticking throttle but made it safe and sound. I have been lurking in the forum for a couple months doing some light reading but decided I should join the ranks as I seem to need the information pretty regularly. I sadly only have one photo of the bike the morning after I brought it home but will update soon with some jewelry I recently ordered. Thanks for all the info. View attachment 32117
Congrats on the bike, and welcome. Recently joined myself, can already tell it's a good, generous bunch of people. I'm from the Alexandria area but get to Duluth pretty regularly. I sing and play harmonica in a band out of Duluth (Northeast Timberland Band, aka NTB) that gigs at Ursa Minor and Castle Danger on a fairly steady schedule. If you're a beer kind of guy, come out and introduce yourself sometime when we're on the schedule, I'll buy you a frosty!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will certainly find you sometime this summer Tim, thanks for the heads up. I finally got a chance to finish installing my parts order from Thanksgiving with only one day left of doing doohickey, thermobob and a new oil plug when I do the spring change... Got the install of crash guards, rear racks/bags and skid plate all done with help from the threads here. Thanks all.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats on the bike, and welcome. Recently joined myself, can already tell it's a good, generous bunch of people. I'm from the Alexandria area but get to Duluth pretty regularly. I sing and play harmonica in a band out of Duluth (Northeast Timberland Band, aka NTB) that gigs at Ursa Minor and Castle Danger on a fairly steady schedule. If you're a beer kind of guy, come out and introduce yourself sometime when we're on the schedule, I'll buy you a frosty!
I’ll be in Duluth for sure the second week of august if your on the schedule then

·
Registered
'08 KLR
325 Posts
I’ll be in Duluth for sure the second week of august if your on the schedule then
We'll be at Castle Danger Brewing
We'll be at Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors (they have totally quality beer, if you're into beer) on Sat. Aug. 13 (probably from 6 - 8 pm, subject to change) if you're around thru the weekend. If your up there with friends, I'll get a round for everyone (within reason!) It would be great to see another identifiable KLRista at one of our shows - you wouldn't expect me to say otherwise, but we're actually a very tight three man, with excellent harmonies and tight instrumentals, doing a lot of classic folk/country rock/(imitation) bluegrass if I do say so myself! I'd love for you to come out and judge for yourself. If your assessment were to be swayed by a free beer or two, so be it 🤣

·
Registered
230 Posts
We'll be at Castle Danger Brewing

We'll be at Castle Danger Brewery in Two Harbors (they have totally quality beer, if you're into beer) on Sat. Aug. 13 (probably from 6 - 8 pm, subject to change) if you're around thru the weekend. If your up there with friends, I'll get a round for everyone (within reason!) It would be great to see another identifiable KLRista at one of our shows - you wouldn't expect me to say otherwise, but we're actually a very tight three man, with excellent harmonies and tight instrumentals, doing a lot of classic folk/country rock/(imitation) bluegrass if I do say so myself! I'd love for you to come out and judge for yourself. If your assessment were to be swayed by a free beer or two, so be it 🤣
It was great to meet you and I definitely enjoyed your music. I never did figure out who had the other KLR parked outside

1 - 15 of 15 Posts