Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All,

A buddy and I plan on a week's adventure travel this coming summer somewhere in the eastern part of North America. I decided something more "dual-purpose" than my Yamaha Bolt R-Spec would be good as we hope to do some light trail riding, gravel roads, etc. After a lot of reading you and YouTubing, I opted for a KLR650. I found a relatively new one at a fair price on Craigslist, and here I am... Very happy with it so far.

If you read this (does anyone read these newbie intros?), I would welcome suggestions about your favorite places to ride in the eastern ⅓ of the USA and/or Canada, particularly if they are suited to people who do not have a lot of off-road experience (mountain bikes yes, motorcycles no...).

Thanks - I've already learned a lot from poking around this great forum!

David

· Premium Member
12,573 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I used to live in Upper Marlboro during my time stationed at Andrews AFB. You've got some nice riding around there. If you're up in New Hampshire check out the Kancamagus Hyw in the White Mountains, beautiful drive.

· Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Gen 3
212 Posts
The area called "Deals Gap" in North Carolina on the border with Tennessee. Plenty of dirt and gravel roads in the area, some with minor water crossings, unless it's flooding, and plenty of motorcycle friendly camping and motels, all at a fairly reasonable rate. The GF and I have taken many trips there in the past and had a lot of fun on our dual sports. Welcome, and let us know where you end up going.

Regards, Jim.

· Registered
2022 KLR650
399 Posts
Welcome from the frozen Tundra of Minnesota!

Here's a site that offers suggested "Best Roads by State".... it might help.

MOTORCYCLE RIDES NEAR ME - Looking for scenic motorcycle rides?

I'm a FNG too! This is a GREAT place to learn! There are Guys on this site that know the KLR VERY well and are willing to help you if you are willing to help yourself. They have some wonderful stories too!

Wishing you all the best in your quest!

Willie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts