Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

801 - 820 of 825 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everybody, I am Pawel from Poland, I already ride on Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 but have some problems with my bike to make it in good shape. Decided to buy 2nd bike, simpler and more reliable, thats is why I choose KLR650, in my case it is Tengai. I already prepaid for it and going to take it next weekend (covid19 situation), but I am worried as seller told me that this Tengai gest a vibration at handle bar at 60mpg. Could be something serious? Doohickey? Can i ride on it or should take a trailer for it? I appreciate your opinion in this case

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum bigplik. It’s good to see riders from different parts of the world participating here. As for the Tengai, I think many motorcycles get vibrations at certain rpm/speeds.

If it was me and I had access to a vehicle and trailer I would haul it home. If any doubt it’s better to be safe than sorry. Please keep us posted about your new KLR. It will be quite a bit different ride than your Aprilia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Uncle Dick, thank you for the welcome, I ride more off-road on my Caponord than on pavement, for some time I feel closer to dual sport than to Adventure ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
"the Kids" used to say, Pictures or it didn't happen. I for one would love to see your Tengai!

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
A White & Grey Tengai? From what country, originally? Looks very well kept. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
White & Grey should be also red on the bottom, but last owner did repaint it, moto is from Poland

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
239 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm 20 and just got my first bike and its 94 klr650. I'm in jasper, Indiana area as my trotting grounds. Love this bike already. It fast , nice torque. And I havent even found any trails to put it on. So many possabiltys so many places to explore. Safe travels night riders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member and just took delivery of my brand new, to me, red 2009 KLR 650 with 3660.7 miles on the clock. It's my first motorcycle. I'm from Houston, TX, but have been chillin' in the Texas hill country while we can all work over the internet because of Corona. Anyway, I've ridden it a total of about 15 yards so far up the driveway and then pushed it into the garage. I'm still waiting on my internet purchased safety equipment to arrive. I haven't had a chance to even snap photos of it thanks to the heat we're experiencing today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually I was reading up on the defective spring preload adjuster which I seem to have on my bike. I ordered a new stiffer rear coil so that when I take the bike in for the warranty repair (it came with a 1-year warranty from that dealership) I can have them assemble it with the firmer rear spring. I'll pay them an hour labor or so to change out the shock oil while they have it out as well if they're willing if not, I've got a friend in Houston who builds KOH buggies and I can get him to do it and repressurize with nitrogen. Only problem is that the dealer is a 3-hour round trip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Old fart (62) from Stokesdale , NC
Long time dirt bike rider from the two stroke days. Looking to enter the dual sport/adventure bike club.
Not a fan of BIG/HEAVY bikes (ie 800's 1,000 twins) The KLR650 looked like a good compromise between power & weight.

I bought a box stock 05 with under 1,000 miles
we'll see how this works out.................

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Welcome Brett, you’ve come to the right place. The forums are full of useful information and the members are more than happy to help with any questions you may have.

Dick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yo, just joined as I was looking to get some questions answered in the future and reading up on some threads that caught my attention. My new to me ride is an 86 KLR600 with estart, all stock except for the rear tire, Kenda Klassic 275D. Bush and trail riding for now, will eventually ride it on highway once my new tire needs to be replaced. I just want to have fun bombing around in the bush for awhile.
20190915_104931.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Appears to be a Very Well Kept 1986. And Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Eskimopapa
801 - 820 of 825 Posts