Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

821 - 840 of 850 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there Im John, I live in the Humboldt Bay region of Northern California. Ive been riding bikes since the 80s my first bike was a Yamaha DT 400..... then a couple of MotoXers a Honda CR 250 and a Suzuki RM 400N then a couple of Yamaha XT 250's and a XT 600 that Ive had for for almost 30 years. I finally got tired of Kick starting the XT and decided to get a KLR so as a birthday present to myself I picked up a used 2015 KLR 650 with only 1200 miles on it completely stock. Looking forward to some adventure riding in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
Hope that you enjoy the E-button.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys,
Can't believe I didn't know about this forum until very recently. I have a 2016 green KLR that I bought new. I went back and forth on buying a KLR for years. I was attracted to the bike by its versatility but felt it was hampered by poor suspension, and wind protection. Eventually I heard about some effective suspension improvements and improvements to the windshield and fairing. I decided to get one, and it's been one of the funnest bikes I've ever owned. I've set mine up as a light adventure bike with crash bars and panniers and soft bags. I've done several trips here in the southwestern US and have more planned! Anyway, I hope I can contribute to the community.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Marcello here. Currently in Spain with my loyal 1995 KLR 600. 👋

I just upgraded my doohickey and I'm in the process of upgrading my front brake. Then hopefully she'll be back on the road again 😀

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, checking in from Portland, OR here. Just traded for this '03 with 18k on the clock. After years trying to get my Shovel just right and putting around on a tw200, I'm pretty excited for a new daily that I feel like I can depend on. Got an eaglemike's doohickey coming in the mail that I'll pop in before taking it anywhere out of town. I plan on keeping it mostly stock, will try 'n fab up my own crash bars, and utilize a sheet of perforated steel I've been holding on to. Might draw up a dash template too.

I look forward to digging through this forum and learning from you folks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi All - I just migrated over from KLR650.net.

My KLR is a 1988 650 model with a '90 motor (due to failure) - the old girl has witnessed a good few changes since my ownership almost to the day 8 years ago, from a non-running wreck to Supermoto 'Minter'

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice Work!

Reactions: Minter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone! I’m new to forum’s and motorcycles. I got a 2014 650. It’s been jetted, fmf exhaust, and came with farkle. (GPS and GoPro). It’s only got 1941 miles on it. I couldn’t be anymore stoked on my first bike

821 - 840 of 850 Posts