Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

841 - 849 of 849 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gday from Australia

I think I have KLRNips' 1 year older Aussie
brother haha!

New to KLRs and Adventuring. Only started riding 3 years ago. Stuck in Lockdown at the moment but have had a lot of fun doing up the KLRs👍👍

Have a 2007 oldy with 64xxx kms since May 2020 and a 2013 with 13xxx kms.

Can't wait to get out there and get dity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gday from Australia

I think I have KLRNips' 1 year older Aussie View attachment 27046 brother haha!

New to KLRs and Adventuring. Only started riding 3 years ago. Stuck in Lockdown at the moment but have had a lot of fun doing up the KLRs👍👍

Have a 2007 oldy with 64xxx kms since May 2020 and a 2013 with 13xxx kms.

Can't wait to get out there and get dity. View attachment 27050
Nice bikes mate!!

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
Did Australia actually call the first Gen 2 model, KL650E8F a 2007 model year bike? Selling alongside the Gen 1 KL650A7F 2007 model?

In the USA the Gen 2 KL650E series bikes sold from February 2007 onward was simply an 'Early Release 2008' model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gday PD,

I honestly have no idea but according to origional paperwork here, it was purchased in July 2007 and registered as a 2007 KL650AEA4.

It had me buggered to begin with as I bought it as an 07, purchased new carb stuff and seals etc for an 07, but everytime I googled an 07 model for reference (that's how badly new to them I am) it looked nothing like mine. Mine looked like the 2008. From then on Parts wise etc Ive just treated it as an 08 gen 2 and have decided it was a "demo" model of the new version or as you said, an early release model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice bikes mate!!
Thanks mate, had to look twice as yours seemed exactly the same👍👍. You enjoying the riding this year?

I'm hoping for lots of dirt and fun this Summer. I only bought them a few months ago (switched from a yamaha vstar 650 cruiser) but we've been heavily locked down in our houses here in Melbourne since March. At the moment, we're not allowed to travel more than 5kms radius from home😫

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
At the moment, we're not allowed to travel more than 5kms radius from home😫
WOW! Some people can't even make it to a grocery store with a 5km limit! I'll guess that they get an extended radius?

·
Registered
5 Posts
WOW! Some people can't even make it to a grocery store with a 5km limit! I'll guess that they get an extended radius?
Yeap, I'm pretty sure the cops don't worry if its for "essentials" like food, health appointments, work (essential workers only!?) and "care giving".

There's also a curfew 9pm to 5am stay inside. But this is just Metro Melbourne. All the other states are way more relaxed. Having said that, Western Australia and Queensland have closed their borders to other states.

Talk around the news and websites is that Melbourne's "Draconian" lockdown is the harshest in the world, even worse than Wuhan. I can't keep up with all the new laws and powers, so many grey areas, just waiting for it to end. In Melbourne, the "plan" that the state govt has is that we will free to live "normally" by October 28th. They have no real plan!

841 - 849 of 849 Posts